Cville's Unique Community Resource
Camp Albemarle provides a rural, rustic and restful environment where all young people can participate in activities of personal growth experiences that emphasize life skill development, embracing diversity, positive social interactions, environmental stewardship, independence, healthy life choices and team building by:
• Creating opportunities for youth to be involved in learning and growth activities and projects.
• Inviting programs that attract youth from a variety of backgrounds and cultures to provide educational and service opportunities.
• Supporting the 4-H principle of “learn by doing” and developing leadership among youth.
• Recognizing youth and community leaders for their positive accomplishments and contributions to their communities.
• Encouraging and providing opportunities for inter-generational mentoring that allow youth and adults to learn from one another.
Who is Camp Albemarle For?
Everyone in the Charlottesville-Albemarle area is welcome to use Camp Albemarle and it is available for your next event! Past events include:
• Schools: watershed education, faculty retreats, experiential learning, and more.
• Community: 4-H camps, reunions, weddings, parties, church groups, etc.
• Business Groups: leadership development, retreats, off-site planning, etc.